Established in 2005, the Greenway 316 Foundation is an independent 501 (c) (3) charitable organization who partners with Greenway High School and its Alumni to support and strengthen the schools role in serving the educational needs of our students. We are committed to investing in student success, and to the enhancement of school programs. We believe in the strength, vitality, and life-long learning for our students and graduates.
The first fundraiser was called “Trees for Dreams” where 5 varieties of trees were sold. The proceeds were distributed to all teachers for classroom supplies. Several fund raisers have followed which allowed teachers for apply for a $50 grant to supplement their teaching materials. Currently the Foundation, in conjunction with the Greenway Alumni, sells coffee; however it lacks the funds to support the $50 grants.
The Mission of the Foundation is to raise funds through various donations and fund raisers to be used for Greenway’s students, school programs, investment of the Foundation Funds, and disbursement of grants through an application process.
The Greenway 316 Foundation serves as a bridge between our generous donors and Greenway Public Schools in ensuring long term resources are available to support Greenway students and programs. The Foundation wishes to create an endowment fund to perpetuate the existence of the Foundation and achieve its mission.
It is our goal to reach and help all students in classes K-12 in District 316 by:
- Assisting students who need financial support in pursuing their college education
- Encouraging philanthropists and generous community members who value education and would like to be a part of Greenway’s future
- Ensuring that today’s students receive the same educational opportunities as afforded their predecessors
- Investing donated funds for specific scholarships
- Supporting and strengthening the schools role in serving the educational needs of our students through classroom grants
- Creating an endowment fund to perpetuate the existence of the foundation and achieve its mission
Donations have been received in the form of:
- Anonymous for $10,000 to be used for the Math and Science Dept. which purchased Smart Boards, computers, and iPads for classroom use
- Mrs. Dorothy Njegovan Estate endowed Greenway Foundation $ 27,000.00 which is used for scholarships in her name
- Several donations “In Memory Of” members of the community and/or Greenway Graduates
Please think of us when donating, giving memorials, or estate planning.